A SAFE ENVIRONMENT PROVIDED WITH
SUPPORT AND EXPERIENCE OF CARE
Oakhill Secure Training Centre is a secure facility for boys aged between 12 and 18 years old. The centre provides a safe and secure environment where they can begin to deal with the significant issues that have led them to be placed with us.
The centre has accommodation for up to 80 young people across three house blocks, and each young person has their own room with toilet and shower facilities.
The young people have access to a fully equipped education centre that offers a full timetabled curriculum. They are also provided with specialist support, access to healthcare professionals and extra-curricular activities.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PROVISION HERE AT OAKHILL
WELCOME TO OAKHILL STC FROM THE DIRECTOR
At Oakhill we aim to provide all residents with a platform to change their lives. We will promote a community culture where residents will be able to assist the management team to establish projects, processes and forums that meet the needs of the population.
We will try to recognise the skills, talents and abilities of the residents and empower those who can lead by example and inspire others to change their mind-set.
We offer modern facilities, access to training, education, industrial type employment, interventions and physical health and wellbeing initiatives.
We will offer residents with substance misuse issues an opportunity to safely withdraw from such behaviour on our Drug Recovery Unit.
- To always strive for excellence.
- To maintain our community as a safe and decent place to reside and work.
- To work closely and inclusively with all resident groups to always seek to meet the needs of the population.
- To provide diverse and challenging regimes for all residents.
- To build positive, healthy relationships between all groups of staff and residents within the Oakhill Community.
- To always drive the rehabilitation agenda working closely with both internal and external partners.
- To make Oakhill a place where both residents and staff can achieve betterment.
Michelle Price – Director of G4S managed Oakhill Secure Training Centre.